Welcome to the Funds in Focus podcast, the show that brings you thoughtful and informed conversations between leading subject-matter experts and members of the FlexShares investment strategy team about current market trends.
In today’s episode, we talk to investment strategist Evan McCall about how one segment of real assets, global listed infrastructure, held up during the turmoil of the coronavirus pandemic. Evan unpacks how different sectors performed during the first and second quarter and what developments he expects to see from the more contemporary sectors.
You will learn:
- What attracts investors to infrastructure investments
- Which two infrastructure-related structures have had significantly negative performances
- A look at contemporary approaches to infrastructure investing
- How market participants are reacting to the stream of new information about COVID-19
- How infrastructure industries performed during the first and second quarter of 2020
- What kinds of developments Evan expects to see from contemporary sectors going forward
Tune in now to hear what affect COVID-19 has had so far on global listed infrastructure.