Tag Archives: Assets
Ep 12: The Hard Hits to Infrastructure — With Chris Huemmer and Dan Phillips
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Infrastructure has taken some of the hardest hits during the global pandemic. But what does infrastructure actually mean?
In this episode, we talk with Chris Huemmer, senior investment strategist, and Dan Phillips, director of asset allocation at Flexshares. They discuss how infrastructure has been impacted during the global pandemic, and the decisions that will soon have to be concluded in our rapid environment.
Chris and Dan discuss:
- Key benefits infrastructure can offer investors
- The options available to an investor interested in infrastructure
- The two-fold challenges investors need to be aware of within the infrastructure space
Connect With Flexshares:
About Our Guests:
Christopher Huemmer: Chris Huemmer is the senior investment strategist for Northern Trust Asset Management. Chris is responsible for equity strategy and provides equity product development, investment strategy and related ETF product expertise to the team. Chris serves as the catalyst and conduit for turning Northern Trust Asset Management’s investment thought leadership into successful ETF products.
Daniel Phillips: Daniel Phillips is the director of asset allocation strategy for Northern Trust Asset Management. Daniel is responsible for overseeing the firm’s asset allocation process and communicating the firm’s opinions to clients. Daniel is an Investment Policy Committee member, and portfolio manager for Northern Trust’s Global Tactical Asset Allocation Fund. Daniel is part of a team of experts across various disciplines and geographic locales that produce long-term asset class forecasts, set tactical and strategic portfolio allocations and recommendations.
- Cash flow: is the net amount of cash and cash equivalents being transferred into and out of a business.
- Treasury Inflation-Protected Security (TIPS) is a Treasury bond that is indexed to an inflationary gauge to protect investors from the decline in the purchasing power of their money.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI): is a measure that examines the weighted average of prices of a basket of consumer goods and services, such as transportation, food, and medical care.
“Diversification does not assure a profit, nor does it protect against a loss in a declining market.”